Study AP English in HCMC
Study AP English in HCMC
- Tuesday October 15th, 2019
- Posted by: Đỗ Thành Danh
GSQT – AP is a study program with quite intensive content equivalent to the first year of university. Therefore, to study AP English in HCMC, students need to develop an appropriate learning pathway for this subject.
Content of AP English
For more: What is AP program?
Students will be exposed to a great variety of literature throughout history, from Shakespeare and Virginia Woolf to modern literature. This course requires students to study documents related to political, cultural and historical contexts at different time points, thereby forming and developing skills such as analysis, reasoning, comment on famous literary works from many countries around the world, understand rhetorical elements and their effects in fictional and non-fiction texts.
Currently, there is no official curriculum to study AP English in HCMC, each school and each teacher will use materials equivalent to the first year of university to teach students. Therefore, if you are a freelance candidate who wants to study and take the AP exam, you need to know how to find useful and appropriate materials, and must have a clear plan to get the desired results.
AP English scale, as well as other AP courses, is between 1 and 5 points. In particular, a score of 3 is satisfactory for most universities, but to be sure, you need to know the admission score of the university you are aiming to be able to set a clear goal.
Where to study AP English in HCMC?
Choosing a quality center to study AP English in HCMC means that you almost have found experienced teachers. Based on that, you have the right teacher to accompany you on the journey of conquering your dream of going US or any other developed country in the world. However, with many centers nowadays, which basis do we make decisions for ourselves?
- Teachers: Being a good tutor, they need a solid pedagogical background, professional experience, easy-to-understand teaching methods, fluent in English, knowledgeable in critical and cultural contexts.
- Roadmap: Tutor evaluates students’ ability through the first lesson’s discussion, then provide clear, specific and appropriate roadmap to help students reach their potential and overcoming their weakness.
- Materials: Quality centers will usually have documents related to the subjects for students to refer.
- Supports: Academic department needs to follow the teaching and learning quality, update the situation and provide enthusiastic support during the process of accompanying students.
- Trial study: The trial study contributes greatly to the evaluation of the quality. Through it, you can see whether the teacher’s way of teaching is appropriate for your learning style to make decisions.
For more: AP tutoring in Vietnam
Now, iTutor is currently providing home tutors for AP courses (AP Math, AP Physics, AP Chemistry, AP Biology, AP Economics, AP English). For inquiries, please contact us directly or via email or hotline.